cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DremelJohn
Community Manager
Community Manager

PinterestTrends.png

Being employed at Dremel has its advantages and one of them in particular is that recently I had the opportunity to hear representatives from Pinterest explain the results from their annual Pinterest Predicts: 2024 Trend Forecast.

If you are unaware, the folks at Pinterest look at the billions of searches happening on the Pinterest site from people who are planning their lives and taking action on these ideas. They then layer fancy machine-learning-backed predictive methodology to ensure they’re identifying the most cutting-edge trends. The result is that over the past four years, 80% of Pinterest’s predicted trends have come true. Quite amazing.

For 2024, Pinterest has identified numerous trends that range in topics from beauty, entertainment, food, fashion, hobbies, home, travel and more. In this blog I will provide a brief summary of some of the trends that I think Dremel Community members will have interest in.

GiveAScrap.png

Give a Scrap
Upcycling is in for 2024 and people will be turning excess and leftovers into useful and wanted items. This includes rescuing fabric scraps and turning them into clothing to making sure that forgotten food in the fridge gets turned into tasty recipes. This also applies to making use of small wood scraps and creating crafts with zero waste. The mantra for give a scrap is, “Whatever you do, just don't waste it.”

AquaTecture.png

Aquatecture
Out with the goldfish bowl, in with the goldfish palace. It’s predicted that people will invest in “small aquarium designs” and “turtle terrariums” and aquatic architecture will be the hot new home trend. I can speak with some experience on this one as I have already created a tortoise habitat and have been asked for plans to make a tortoise swimming hole. As Pinterest says, “Your guppies will be living large.”

KitchyKitchens.png

Kitschens
The combination of kitsch and kitchen. The kitschens trend celebrates individuality, creativity, and a sense of nostalgia, offering a fun and cheerful alternative to more traditional kitchen designs. It's all about embracing the whimsical and unconventional to create a space that feels lively, welcoming, and full of personality.

CountryGothic.png

Western Gothic
"Western gothic" is a unique and evolving fashion trend that combines elements of traditional Western wear with dark, gothic aesthetics. This fusion creates a distinctive style that blends the rugged, rustic elements of cowboy attire with the dark, mysterious motifs commonly associated with gothic fashion. Picture Roy Rodgers meets Marilyn Manson.

Coffee.png

Cafécore
Cafécore is an emerging interior design trend inspired by the cozy and inviting atmosphere of cafes and coffee shops. It aims to recreate the warm, relaxed ambiance of a favorite neighborhood cafe within the comfort of one's home. Cafécore combines elements of comfort, nostalgia, and casual elegance to create inviting and stylish living spaces.

HotMetals.png

Hot Metals
The "Hot Metals" trend, featuring silver and chrome, brings a sleek, modern vibe to spaces with a futuristic touch. These metallic hues offer a contemporary and sophisticated feel, creating a polished look perfect for modern interiors. With clean lines and minimalist forms dominating furniture and decor, the trend's aesthetic complements the cool metallic tones with modern silhouettes and geometric shapes.

I trust that you, as a member of the Dremel community, have found value in the insights I shared from Pinterest representatives regarding their annual Pinterest Predicts: 2024 Trend Forecast. These trends offer valuable insights into emerging lifestyle categories, including upcycling, aquatic architecture, nostalgic kitchen designs, and sleek metallic accents. I hope these trends inspire you and provide exciting opportunities for creativity and exploration, empowering you to innovate and find inspiration for your projects!

-John