cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green House build using my Dremel 8250 and Ultra Saw 20v

jhorstke
New Contributor III

I have always wanted a nice sized green house that I could use to grow plants through 9 months of the year.  It has been a dream of mine since I was 35 years old.  Well, now I'm 81 and I figured it was now or never.  I started with multiple sketches of styles in February, what I ended up designing was a 6' sidewall, and 5' dome to inclose 10' x 16'.  I was able to buy 1x8x6' pine boards for $3.00 a board so I bought 120 of them and rip cut the boards to a width of 2 3/8".  This was my framing for the side walls.  I split the width in half to make 12" mitered sections to creat my beams.  Using the same standard methods for regular 2x4 building construction I prefabricated my walls in 4' and 6' sections that could be connected together.  Using my dremel Ultra Saw, I cut 12' sheets of polycarbonate to 6' sections that would be attached to the 6' high wall sections.  Adding 3 window openings and one door opening, adding 1 beam with a vent opening and another beam with a fan opening, I engaged my two sons and grandson to erect the building on a treated wood 2x6 base leveled to the ground.  After 5 hours of assembly I now have a functional green house.  This definately will be my last big project and design.IMG_1714.jpegIMG_1715.jpegIMG_1723.jpegIMG_1729.jpeg

3 REPLIES 3

Phrogflyer
Contributor

Really nice project.  Should serve you well for many years to come.

jhorstke
New Contributor III

Thank you Phrogflyer, I have my grow pods and watering drip system all in and have planted Kale, Lettice and Tomato plants.  Hope all grows well.

Phrogflyer
Contributor

Pun intended! 😁