cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back to the Future

Phrogflyer
Contributor

I showed this project on the old Dremel site and wanted the new folks here to see it.  I tried to make a locomotive based on the style of the Steam Engine used in the movie "Back to the Future".  This one took months to design, plan and build.  Getting all the wheels to work and synchronize together was a real trick and I buildt a gear box that I placed inside the boiler tube with an electric motor that turns parts with a push of a hidden button.  I made extensive use of the Dremel 4300 rotary tool for cutting, grinding and drilling.  Don't woory, those empties in the back were for other projects and not consumed in the construction of this one.
Interior CabInterior CabPreliminary DesignPreliminary DesignDrive Wheel ConnectionsDrive Wheel ConnectionsCow CatcherCow CatcherDrive Wheels and Pop-it ValvesDrive Wheels and Pop-it ValvesFinished on Rough BaseFinished on Rough BaseOpen for AccessOpen for AccessGear Box InstalledGear Box Installed

1 REPLY 1

jhorstke
New Contributor III

Yes, I remember your post of that fantastic locomotive!  Great to see it again.  Thanks