cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Extend Lifespan of Dremel Lithium Batteries

SamihAbdou
New Contributor III

I use Dremel in my hobbies, crafts and DIY projects for so many years, but I decided and wanted to go cordless for a higher degree of transportability, higher degree of freedom to work and maneuverability and it was the Dremel 8250, Dremel MM 20 oscillating tool and Dremel 20V Compact Saw.  Batteries are very efficient but I need your advice of how to ensure and extend the lifespan of such Dremel Lithium batteries specially when not in use.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dremel-Adrian
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for selecting Dremel Cordless products. Rather than a full discharge, it is suggested to partially discharge your Dremel Lithium- Ion batteries. Fully discharging should be avoided as much as possible. After use the battery should be recharged, removed from the charger, then kept cool and stored in a cool and dry place. Consider using the batteries at least once a month and then recharging. Storing long term is not recommended. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Dremel-Adrian
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for selecting Dremel Cordless products. Rather than a full discharge, it is suggested to partially discharge your Dremel Lithium- Ion batteries. Fully discharging should be avoided as much as possible. After use the battery should be recharged, removed from the charger, then kept cool and stored in a cool and dry place. Consider using the batteries at least once a month and then recharging. Storing long term is not recommended. 

SamihAbdou
New Contributor III

Thank you and appreiate your advice.  However, I bought another extra battery do yu recommend keeping it attached to the charger while not in use with the tool.  

Dremel-Adrian
Community Manager
Community Manager

You are welcome, It is not a good practice to leave the batteries stored inserted inside of the charger. Metal on metal can cause contamination and rust over time (dependding on different climates.  Charge the batteries up, disconnect from charger and store them as suggested. The charge can hold for about 18+ months. But once again, I suggest using your tool at least every month or two and recharge.

SamihAbdou
New Contributor III

So sincere advice .... thank you so much.