cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here is my first ever project for a face!

Soe68
New Contributor III

IMG_2800.jpgIMG_6635.jpgLarry contraste.jpgI always wondered, after making it wood burned, if I could wood carve this Green Lady... I'm a beginner and I wanted to submit it for a challenge... Phew! What learning I had! 2 months to create and finalize it, a lot of work, but yes, I'm proud of it!

12 REPLIES 12

lanadwodny0921
New Contributor

Beautiful piece of work, you definetly should be proud...

Soe68
New Contributor III

Thx !

Soe68_0-1710621800017.png

Soe68
New Contributor III

Thx !😊

Dremel-Peggy
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Soe68,

Thank you for joining the Dremel Community. 

This is your first wood carving?  Nice work!  Your patience paid off because you created a really nice piece of art. 

We appreciate you sharing your first carving with us. 

Soe68
New Contributor III

This is not my first but I'm far from being at an intermediate level,  but this my first human face! Thanks for the response, it’s much appreciated! And yes, I spent a lot of time there, my illnesses mean that I don't always have the strength or clear ideas! But I persevere every day! 😊

Phrogflyer
Contributor

I love the Fantasy type artwork and this is very nice work!  I tried relief carving once and it was a total failure.  This one is definetly a keeper.

Soe68
New Contributor III

Thanks for the comment, yes, definitely a keeper! For the relief, with Dremel it's so much easier and, the important thing, not to ask too many questions and just go for it! In my case, I'm tackling 3D soon! The more we practice, the more we learn!

Wowwy
New Contributor III

A beautiful creation that I will treasure for ~Always~ 💞 

Thank you again Sister Lighthouse!! 

Soe68
New Contributor III

Wowwy, who knows what she would have become without your encouragement 😂!

I'm happy that she is now with you!!!! ❤️

Soe68
New Contributor III

Thx ! 😊

traciej73
New Contributor III

That is beautiful!!!! 

Soe68
New Contributor III

😊Thx so much !!