cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clock I saved

traciej73
New Contributor III

This is a clock I saved from the trash. I used a shopping bag from Harley Davidson for the face, added machine screws for the hour markers, spray painted it and for the bottom glass where the pendilum swings I used a Dremel to etch the wings and bar and shield. I changed it to personalize it more with the name. And then again using a picture and some sea shells from the beach.20180206_145549.jpg1028246891(1).jpg20201004_212139.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Phrogflyer
Contributor

How very clever!  I love to see people recycle things and create new art from someone else's discards.  About 55 years ago while in junior high, I found a scalloped edge table dumped under some power lines with a broken leg and the veneer peeling.  I made that my woodshop project and cleaned it up, turned a new leg on the lathe and painted it white.  It was a gift to my older sister which she has to this day.  Keep posting your stuff!

traciej73
New Contributor III

I love repurposing anything! I took old FRC work pants and jeans into a quilt. I had a cheap format old dresser that i disassembled using the top i attached to a table leaf for strength, attached to the legs of an ironing board attached to my work desk. The table leaf wasn't wide enough alone.  I took some other dresser scraps and made a support at the opposite end from the desk. I'm into all kinds of different projects! I guess i just like the challenge of recreating something. My Mom always told me "one man's trash is another man's treasure".