cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of after market accessories

VinceV
New Contributor

I have always been one to demand Dremel branded parts and accessories.  However, I discovered that Dremel is owned by Robert Bosch. So I have a number of questions and would like to see if anyone can help me with the answers.

1. Is Robert Bosch the same as the Bosch Corporation that makes power tools and related items.

2. If Dremel truly is a part of Bosch Corporation is there any reason that one could not or should not use Bosch branded parts on a Dremel tool.

Any help in answering these 2 questions what be great.

1 REPLY 1

DremelJohn
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi VinceV, I'll try to answer your questions.  The Dremel brand and Bosch Tools are siblings of Robert Bosch Tool Corporation. However, the two brands are run as two separate business units. Each has their own president and staff and budgets. Next, I'll address your questions 1 and 2 below. 

1) There are more divisions. Too many to list here. Inside North America there are divisions that fall broadly under automotive, home, and industry, groups. The Power Tool division falls under the Indusry and Trade group. 

2. Largely, the tools made under the Bosch name are completely diferent from the tools made under the Dremel name therefore the parts would be completely different. If you have a specific part where you think there may be compatibility with a Dremel part, let me know and I'll see if I can get you an answer.